Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dirty Thirty!

Two weeks from today marks the end of my 20's and I enter the "Dirty Thirties".  What makes it really dirty?  I have no idea.  I'll be celebrating my birthday in Las Vegas from November 20-24.  That makes it dirty, right?

I don't know what made me decide to celebrate my birthday in Vegas, but I felt that I needed to commemorate my crossing into a new decade with something fun.  It's too bad that my idea of fun these days usually just involve lounging at home in PJ's with a cozy blanket, a glass of wine and a nice movie with the  BF.  I'm kind of hesitant to see what my friends want to do to celebrate; it'll be co-ed, so (hopefully) the celebrations don't involve nearly nude men thrusting their bodies all over a greasy stage.  I do know, they want to party and go to some clubs.  I outgrew the club stage relatively early in life since I started partying in clubs at around 16 (I dated a DJ when I was in high school.  I thought I was so rad and bad!)  I would like to dine at some nice restaurants, lounge at a nice bar, maybe book a massage at a spa and just relax; however I don't really think that is what my friends have in mind.  I do feel sort of bad because I think they expect an all out party.  That just isn't who I am though.

So I'm reaching out to whoever it is that checks into this blog.  What are your suggestions for fun things to do in Vegas that doesn't involve too much partying?  Am I SOL?

1 comment:

  1. Vegas is fun! I went for my birthday this year.
    Speaking of...would you want a free Groupon?
    @kinziesays on Twitter mentioned you are going to be in Vegas. I bought a groupon 6 months ago for Match, a tapas restaurant in Vegas, but it expires on the 20th and I'm not able to use it!

    If you want it, just email me at: latteloveblog@gmail.com!

    long ago, I was really active on Weddingbee, but my interest has tailed off. I'm still a Hive Hostess over there :-)

    ReplyDelete