One of things I miss most about the East Coast is seeing the transition of seasons. On the East Coast, all of the seasons are very distinct; summer is filled with hot humid air, broken up with afternoon thunderstorms and mild evenings. Autumn's change is visible in its vibrant colors, and the brisk air lightly nips your nose when you breathe it in. Winter, while blustery and gray outside, always felt warm with family gatherings. Spring always felt like the world was saying "welcome back" to sunshine and greenery.
In the Bay Area, the seasons are not as distinct. This summer was one of the milder summers I have ever encountered. It isn't uncommon to see people in winter coats and scarves on summer evenings. Winter has always been known as the "raining season". That's about the only time it ever rains here.
So with today being the first day of Autumn, the sun is shining brightly and the air feels warm. I would even say that today feels more summery than this entire summer has been. It has me reminiscing of those warm summer afternoons I would spend back East.
What is your favorite season? Do you have distinct changes with each season where you live?
No comments:
Post a Comment